Our location was originally opened as the Italian-American Restaurant in 1928 by the Polimeni Family. During prohibition this establishment acted as a local speakeasy catering to local doctors, lawyers and law enforcement – the speakeasy was dubbed the “Green Front.” When Prohibition was lifted in 1933 the Polimeni family decided to keep the name Green Front and continually operated until they retired from the business in 1982. The location was operated as a bar from the late 1980’s through 2011. The Green Front Restaurant was re-established by Eric Zimmerman and Bobby Johnston in October 2012.
Originally established 1928, Re-established 2012.
35 Niagara Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424 • (585) 394-7015